Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. They are also available to some older children according to family income. It’s important to register for entitlement to free school meals, even if your child has a packed lunch or is in a younger class – this is so we can receive additional funding (called the pupil premium) which we can use to help your child.
Your child will qualify for free schools meals if you’re receiving one of the following benefits:
– income support
– income based job seekers allowance
– income related employment and support allowance
– guarantee element of state pension credit
– child tax credit with no working tax credit and have an income as assessed by the Inland Revenue that does not exceed £16,190 (subject to change annually)
– support under Part 1V of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
Children who receive a qualifying benefit it their own right are also entitled to receive free school meals.
Your child won’t qualify for free school meals if you’re receiving working tax credits and disabled working tax credits.
Your child attends Barnsley Academy
You have to apply directly to the school; call them on 01226 284606 for details of how to apply.